Meditations & Motivations to Get You Moving!
“21” Meditations & Motivations to Get You Moving! is a 21 day plan which gives a daily scriptural Meditation, a health/fitness Motivational tip, and your fitness goal or Mission for the day. Each “Mission” should ideally be a minimum of 30 minutes of daily exercise. You choose the work-out plan you like best. I am not a certified trainer nor am I a physician. I am a 47 year old wife and mom who has embraced the gift of discipline as it relates to exercise. Running is my preferred work-out but it’s not for everyone. The plan goes for 21 days based on the research of establishing habits.
Why am I doing this?
- I am passionate about walking alongside people who want to make a positive change.
- Running is a God-inspired gift that has helped me in grieving the loss of my son, Andrew.
- As I have run with God these past several months, I have developed a closer walk with Him. Because of this I have a “book” in me about the messages God has spoken to my heart as I have run 3 miles a day.
- I am hoping this mini project will spur me on to write the “book.”
- And while I mostly run alone, I do occasionally enjoy company on the journey and I’m hoping this time it will be YOU!
Each entry provides:
* Meditation in the form of a scriptural passage relating to: the body, walking, running, strength, or endurance.
*Mind This! a mental focus correlating with the scriptural passage
* Motivation in the form of a quick tip based on the latest research regarding health and or fitness. I do the research and you get it in a bite sized form!
* Mission is your daily minimum of 30 minutes of exercise. You pick your plan: walking, running, dancing, gym or DVD work-out, etc.
You record your daily goal and upon completion reflect how you feel.
I, personally, like to work-out 6 days a week and take a rest day on Sundays. However, in the spirit of “21” I will be taking a leisurely 30 minute walk on Sundays.
My personal fitness "mission":
Run 3.5 – 4 miles 4 days/week
Spin class 1 day/week
The 30 Day Shred 1 day/week
Sundays – 30 minute walk