And lately my motivation to run has been severely lacking!
Sometimes planning a run gets a little complicated. Running on a full stomach is a bad idea, so there is the timing of the meals to consider.
And I just got my hair "made over" and I kind of like it being styled and smelling clean.
Sweaty hair is never a good thing and when you run 3 - 7 miles in Florida heat and humidity, it's a given.
So back to yesterday ~ I put on my running clothes/shoes and I ate dinner early so I would have a couple of hours to digest it and still have daylight and still go to bed early (because I'm getting old and I tire earlier and earlier these days!). But I still lacked motivation and that's scary for me.
So I came up with a list of "motivators."
- Put on your running clothes/shoes anyway. Maybe it will be the mental cue you need and you will forget you have no motivation.
- Think about how your cute, white pants from last summer (that were a bit loose last summer) were a bit snug last week.
- Remember you are a runner and running is what you do.
- Run barefoot the last 1/2 mile.
- Go for a quick run and save the longer distance for another day ~ a day when you need little motivation, unlike today!
- Readjust your goal for the day and just go run; Take a walk break if you feel like it.
Finally, though, what motivated me yesterday is when my 17 year old son, said, "Mom, stop complaining and go run!" Yes, that snapped me out of it and I began to think how thankful I am that I have the ability to run and the reason I run!
|Andrew ~ I run for the Love of Andrew!|
What do you do for motivation when the usual motivators fall short?
|Running for TEAM ANDREW in "Miles for Hope" (brain cancer)|