|A view from my favorite park where I run ~|
Most days I run alone but a couple of times a week I run with one of my friends. There are good things about both and while out running today, I mentally composed a list (because it's hard to run with a laptop) of 10 good things about running solo ~ or not.
Good things about running alone
- You can spit when you need to.
- You can speed up or slow down when you want to.
- You don’t have to worry about interrupting yourself when you are talking to yourself.
- You don’t have to be concerned whether if you smell your own stink, your running partner may smell you too.
- You don’t have to apologize if you get distracted and lose your train of thought in a conversation. (Pretty flowers! Look at that bird! What a weird tree! What was I saying?)
- It’s easier to run faster when you’re not carrying on a conversation.
Good things about running with a friend
- You get to share the experience.
- You can swap stories about how your week’s going.
- You get to use up some excess words so you don’t wear your (not nearly as talkative) husband out.
- You are able to multi-task a workout with a social visit.
- You can "do life" on the running path together.